Thursday, February 3, 2011

Let's Put This to Bed.

As promised, the remainder of my December Daily.  I actually had this blog entry completed  five days ago.  I also thought I had posted it, but it seems that you have to hit the "publish post" button for others to see it.  How long have I been blogging?  Whatever...here it is now and that is all that matters.  

I am elated the December Daily is done.  Maybe I can now work on something else.  It's crazy, but it seems at the age of "Yikes" I have attained a one track mind.  When I was twenty I laughed at people displaying this trait.  I am now the butt of my former younger self's joke.  Lovely. Without further rambling....my December Daily:

Day 15:  Office party.  I see I forgot the journaling. It will say something like: everyone got food poisoning, except for me.  Must have been the chili.

Day 16:  Hidden Journaling under photo flap about trying to up the ante on wrapping presents and not waiting to the last minute to wrap.  Basically a fail.  I once again threw gifts into bags the last day.

Day 17:  Shopping with my sister and Em.  Usual trip to Southdale, minus sitting on Santa's lap.  Em is a believer.  A scaredy cat believer.

Day 18:  My sister's birthday.  Em and I used my sister's new gift to make birthday doughnuts. We had a doughnut machine growing up, so the gift was one of those gifts you give when you get old and want to revert back to childhood.  It worked for the 30 seconds it took to scarf a few doughnuts. We are now back at old.

Day 19:  Treats at Sonic. Is it wrong to sit at a car hop stall with your car running due to it being 15 degrees?  Not sure this Sonic concept works well in frigid Minnesota.  LOL


Day 20:  More snow and nothing exciting going on. A side note:  Those Studio Calico veneer circles are awesome.  Wish I had more, like a thousand of them.  I would stick them to a wall in my house.  A great conversation art piece.  Pretty sure the cost would be prohibitive to do a whole wall.  Dang.

Day 21:  Shopping for myself.  As it should be. Not.  I seem to be 10 again and giggle every time I take a photo of this scrapbook store's sign.  Crap....

Day 22:  More food....a stop at Caribou.  I loved Starbucks salted caramel hot chocolate, but I have to say Caribou has better cups, especially for photographing them for scrap pages.

Day 23:  Making ornaments with Jacky.  Fun day.  I could spend every day with him.  Wish I could. It seems I may have gotten the scrapbook/crafty buddy I have always wanted.  Well, at least for once a year.

Day 24:  Christmas Eve.  Yes, I forced every one of my guests to sport a blinking Rudolph nose.  They wanted to eat and open presents, so basically they had no other option.  I'm mean like that.  ;o)

Day 25:  Christmas Day Eve at my aunt and uncles. Don't even remind me about my losing at cards.  It's hard to play seriously when there is a three year old under the table wanting to play hide and go seek with you.  OK...I only lost $2, but still.  ;o)

Day 26:  Playing with new toys. I think there was a trip to Caribou, too.  But it would have been too embarrassing to do another hot chocolate page.

Day 27:  An ugly ugly  ugly page.  Filler page on making ornaments after Christmas was over and after that page was done realizing I had dropped gifts off at my friend's house, which deserved more importance than making after the fact ornaments.


Day 28:  OK....never say never.  Another Caribou page, because nothing else was happening and I found cool napkins.  The Caribou designers are awesome.  They have the best cups and napkins.  I know...it will rip, but whatever. It's all about the moment.

Day 29:  A trip to the Mall of America.  I'm not crazy about this page.  Too busy, but by this point I just wanted to get it done.

 Day 30:  Dave and Jack visit me at work.  Yeehah!

Day 31:  New Year's Eve.  Fondue anyone?  I forgot to list that we also broke into my sister's neighbor's house and pranked him.  He was in Pittsburgh.  We placed buckets all over his house, photographed it and then posted them on Facebook with a comment that all was being taken care of and not to worry.  Anyone need a house sitter?  Poor Doug.  The year before we had tp-ed his truck and a month before that we left a duct taped girl on his front steps.  That sounds kind of Criminal Mind-ish.  She was  alive and is a friend./honorary sister  He liked it.  He invited us in to pole dance.  Life is good. 
 The End.  Whew and thank God.

And as if this wasn't enough, I recently promised to do the Project Life challenge.  A photo and tiny layout per day.  HA HA HA.  I am already a month behind.

Thanks for stopping by and making it through this long ramble.  Especially thank you for putting up with my pole dancing talk.  Yikes.   

11 comments:

Mandie said...

blogger should totally know your intent to hit publish. sheesh! ;) love the rest of your book. it's fantabulous, dahling! (i need to visit caribou for some lovely cuppage....)

mommy2alex said...

WOw, you go girl! Getting it all done is awesome!!
LOVE it and your stories are hilarious!

JennO said...

Your posts have the power to make me smile like no other! Love hearing about your December, seeing your pages...the story about pranking the neighbor really had me giggling. The end page--totally you! Love it. Next time hit publish and don't make us wait, ok? :)

Christa said...

Will you come finish mine now??!!!! Awesome book and yay that you're done!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! I'm still halfway through mine, I am totally going to use you as inspiration to finish it up! I really love so so many of the cute details!

Melissa said...

Love it! I really need to print out the rest of my pictures and finish mine.

Valerie said...

What an amazing book Denise! I love your sense of humor and I'm swooning over the veneer circles. Ok, I need to get that project wrapped up too!

Kay said...

WOW, your December Daily album is AMAZING! It must be such an amazing feeling of accomplishment! And I LOL'd at the age of "Yikes." I resemble that remark! LOL!

Briana Johnson said...

put this to bed, ll. You've got some really great stuff goin on here. I love love the wood circles that one with the berries pic. The photo strip on the pink page, the huge SC rub on with number inside, and the caribou page - how did you do that writing? Is that your doodling? Whatever it is, LOVE that. You did super great girlfriend. You write so funny.

Russo said...

You created those scrap book pages? Stunning work! Love this blog

GretaB said...

I'm way late seeing this, but holy buckets! I am majorly impressed. Love all the pages, love that you completed it, love all the stories. Next time we need a house sitter I'll let you know. But if you were house sitting, I wouldn't want to go away. I'd stay home and hang out with you.