Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bloom


This layout was done for a challenge that Studio Calico is currently holding. The challenge involves using Making Memories flowers from the Fly A Kite kit in a unique or unusual way. I don't know if what I came up with is that unique or unusual, but I like it and that is all that matters. I read about the challenge around 10:00 p.m. last night and finished this layout around midnight. That was fast for me. I was excited to have the challenge for two reasons: 1) I hadn't broke open the kit yet; and 2) the photo on the layout has been sitting on my desk for weeks waiting for a TA-DA moment. So......TA-DAAAA!
WE ALL NEED A LITTLE BIT OF WHITE SPACE
Giving credit where credit is due. I was inspired by Casey Boyd's layout, This Isn't What I Had in Mind for the lettering in her title. I think it is wonderful and therefore I scraplifted her idea. I am always drawn to Casey's layouts, because she comes up with unique and humorous titles. In regard to distressing, when I first saw Janine Langer's layouts I knew I wanted to give distressing a hand. She is a pro and when I grow up I want my layouts to look distressed just like hers. Here is one example. This layout by Janine is titled Adorable. Thank you Casey and Janine for inspiring me.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I love your 'Bloom' LO! It is adorable. Isn't it great that we can all find inspiration in each other?! There are just so many creative people out there!

ricanlaw said...

Ah you so you mentioned two of my favorite scrapbookers too. Casey rocked the gallery a some days ago. Isn't she amazing. Regarding Janine..she can't go wrong.

Hello you really cranked out a beautiful layout yourself. I can't scrap that fast.