Monday, November 24, 2008

Wrapping Things Up


I woke up with an idea in my head. Sometimes the ideas I wake up with in the AM are not that great, such as the time I woke up and decided I didn't need to work anymore. Half way into that day I realized the error of my way. Showed up to work around 1:00 and declared my temporary retirement was over. Luckily, no one had picked up the voice mail as that is normally my job. Sure I was still employed, but a bit sad no one knew I was living on the edge. Whatever. I digress. This morning's idea seemed safe enough, so off I went. The above used to be packaging that held Crate Paper chipboard letters. Covered it in some Fa La La paper and a poinsettia I received from Anne as a RAK and voila! There you have it...a covered container. So I'm new to this re-purposing thing. It started out as a container to hold a mini-Christmas tree. What was I thinking? That ended up looking like a palm tree in a thimble. Not one to give up. It is now a gift card holder. Tomorrow it may be something else. Yeah...living on the edge the Denise way can be pretty exciting....or not.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

I LOVE this Denise! You crack me up, the way you think sometimes. It is your own unique creative process and it works! :-)

mommy2alex said...

I love "hearing" you on your blog!!
Great repurposing! I might lift that because I've got some crystal light containers that I've been holding onto for something creative:)

Kristii said...

I love your little project!! I can't wait to see what you actually will use it for!! You make me smile girl!!

GretaB said...

You are hilarious! I think you must live on the edge of a mole hill...and that it's time to move to a bigger hill. Perhaps a sledding hill?

You did create a beautiful repurposed item, whatever it may become. :)

Anonymous said...

Well now, aren't you just the little creative genius! As far as living on the edge, I guess I will have to live vicariously through you!

Rita said...

Beautiful project!

vtpuggirl said...

You crack me up! Sorry your early retirement didn't take. But the project looks good!

Anne aka Anniescraps said...

Darn, the early retirement didn't work out... geeze, worse yet they didn't even know and come begging you to come out of retirement... YOU girlfriend, crack me up big time. Thank you for the chuckle, heck chortle even ;-) Love your project, very cute.