Monday, September 14, 2009

Difficulties with Rub-Ons and Hoarding

I have a problem. The television show Hoarders is turning me into a clean freak. Not such a bad thing to be, but I don't display this freakish nature until after it is dark. Therefore, I start cleaning after the show well into the night, which results in two things: Being tired the next day and throwing away things I need, since I am cleaning in a half stupor. Whatever. Last night's cleaning session resulted in multiple bags of garbage/recycling and a Goodwill pile the size of an Escalade. Goodwill has already hauled it away, so there is no going back to get that pair of pink plaid pedal pushers from the 1980s. Dang. I looked pretty tripendicular in them. Ugh...gag me with a spoon.

OK....end the whining. At least I am not climbing over a mountain of empty pop bottles and pizza boxes. Yet.

The past weekend's challenge of using rub-ons was exactly that - a challenge. I was stumped and ended up making cards. I eventually just started slapping rub-ons on paper and ended up coming up with three layouts. Here's a few cards and a layout I made:



I decided to channel my inner Anilu and did much of this on the computer. The paper version of this layout wasn't working as I wished. After I finished the tree I looked at it and said wow...I just channeled Dawn. So you get two BASB channelings for the price of one. Really? Could you ask for more? ;o)


14 comments:

Rita said...

Love, love, love your cards and LO! Maybe I should start watching that show so I can get out from under all of these toys and clothes that are piling up!

waleska said...

LOL clean freaks are the new orange :)

awesome job with those rubons! and that tree is fabulous. you need to make a giant version in the middle of your living room. or the backyard :P

diana albright said...

i love that red card so much, D. it is all fab, of course, and very awesome to have 2 BASB channellings in one LO. word!

GretaB said...

Are you making fun of my mountain of Mountain Dew cans and bottles? Oh wait - that's gone, thanks to my FIL.

Way to whip through the rub-ons! The one with the text behind the flower is awesome! And the title/journaling on the layout is perfectly hilarious. :)

I need a reminder tonight to check out Hoarders so I get in the clean freak mode too.

Houston said...

Denise the cards and layout look great, love the tree! I've not seen this show but I'm sure it would send me into a crazy cleaning frenzy too, that's how I always feel when I see "How Clean Is Your House?" I run to grab the bleach and pair of rubber gloves!

Erika said...

that tree is FAB and what cute cards!!!

Lauren said...

Love, love, love the cards and the layout.. it's all awesome!

vtpuggirl said...

Love that page! Great idea, slap some rub-ons down and go with the flow. Why didn't I think of that? I'm anal that's way. :)

AnilĂș Magloire said...

OMG!!!!!!!! I LOOOOVE them all. You rocked those rub ons, D!

Barb said...

That show freaks me out!

And, love the new paper goodies.

Zorina said...

I can send you my address and you can mail that HELLO card to CALI? Teehehee! I-LOVED-IT!! SO-MUCH. Aww!
I'm at home all week resting (u know why) ), but from time to time I hear my scrapp table ( read: dining table ) calling me....hmmmm? Have a good week, Denise!

Sasha said...

beautiful .. I love it

Unknown said...

I am morbidly fascinated by 'Hoarders', I can feel a tiny bit superioe AND get motivated to clean up! The cards look great, thanks for sharing

Dawn said...

Channeling your inner Anilu and me (and Waleska!) you, my friend, are on a role!! :-)