Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Vacation

I'm officially on vacation. The stay at home kind, because that is how I roll. That sounds boring and it probably is, but I like traveling places as much as I like staying home. Nothing wrong with that, especially since it saves money and allows me to work on my ever expanding to do list.  So what am I doing?  Sitting on my behind.  HA HA....because that is how I roll.  Whatever.

Other than the to do list this is what is on my list of want to dos:
 
Go back to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.  Why?  Well, you can never see or take too many photos of the Cherry Spoon Bridge.  Right? I think not.  Plus the garden is so much more than the spoon.


Taste Izzy's Ice Cream.  Yeah...I know.  Here we go again about my self-imposed ice cream-free goal.  I am on month four and I have decided to change up my restrictions.  I can do that, because honestly I am that awesome.  Gag.  The new rules...I can have ice cream, but not every day and none at home.  If I am going to break the cream-free record I have going, it will be with the finest and not Kemp's.  Don't get me wrong.  I love Kemp's...it's the cows or so they say.  However, Izzy's took on Bobby Flay in a throwdown and won.  I need to try the winner...Hot Brown Sugar.

 
A few of my friends and I are thinking of going to rodeo.  Not to see the horses.  We are all about the cowboys.  Men in chaps and spurs almost beat out cabana boys.  Almost.  I also want to go to see if I can beat my last record of cow chip throwing.  It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.  Eww.  I plan on making my friends participate in the stick pony race.  Who cares if it is for kids under ten.  We act ten at times.  That comment will get me in trouble.


Visit Larry Reid.  Don't you wish you could visit Larry?  Most people do.  Not. I have to get my Jeep fixed.  I am getting kind of wary of taking sharp right turns and having a gush of water soak my right foot.  I know...it sounds pretty wonderful, but a foot can take only so much pampering. 

There are other things on my list, like trips to Anchor Paper, Paper Source, Archiver's and the Scrapbook Shop.  Possibly a road trip to St. Cloud to see my cousin and shop at the super store of scrap supplies, Craft Direct.  Lord knows I already hold the Top Hoarders Award when it comes to scrap supplies, but I haven't filled up the garage yet.  Kidding.  It's already full.  ;o)

I need to add something creative I have done.  This is scraping the bottom of the barrel as I have done nothing paper-wise for a couple of weeks.  I made this for the 3rd of July pool party/get together.  Tried to pull off a Martha moment.  Fail.  But not an Epic Failure, which seems to be my nephew's new favorite saying.  Wouldn't you know....most people wanted blueberry.  Chopping and placing those strawberries was a pain in the as....butt.  Martha can bit mine, if I ever try something like this again. 


The result of making that dessert is that the 4th of July celebration the next day was dessert-less.  I was going to make my world famous Lemon Cream with Strawberries Trifle, but enough is enough.  No one should work this hard to put fat and calories into their body. That is for certain.

Enjoy your week.  Hopefully I will have something creative and papery to share next time.  I make no promises though.  

2 comments:

JennO said...

Treat your town like you're a tourist...that's my advice! We adored the sculpture garden, even if it was sweltering while we were there. :) I say Hell Yeah! in regard to the rodeo, you're so right about the cowboy ogling--they are right up there with the cabana boys! Enjoy your vacation, don't worry about crafty pursuits, just have fun!

Anonymous said...

You deserve to have a totally relaxing week! That spoon thingie is wild - never seen anything like it!!
Oh and the tarts....so Martha!