Monday, February 25, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Friday, February 8, 2008
You must post the rules before you give your answers.
You must list one fact about yourself for each letter of your middle name.
Each fact must begin with that letter.
If you don't have a middle name, just use your maiden name.
After you've been tagged, you need to up-date your blog with your middle name and answers.
At the end of your post, you need to tag one person for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged and need to read your blog for details)
- A - Arby's was my first employer and the first job I ever got fired from. Before you start thinking I was stealing cash or something even worse, please know I got fired for wearing a yellow sweater. Yes, you read that correctly.
- N - Nick is the name of my 10 year old nephew. He is named after his grandpa, Nick, a.k.a Don, so called Nick because his last name is Nichols. Add an "a" to that and you have Nicholas. Our family has an odd thing going with names. Here's another:
- N - Names in my immediate family all begin with D - Denise, Dana, Danny, Dee and Don. Oh and our middle initials all begin with an "A" and our last names all begin with an N (even my married sister). Put this all together and it spells my brothers name, DAN. Yeah - I know - how cute.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
and now I'm it. Ummm...we're talking Blog Tag. I can't run. I never stood a chance. LOL! So here goes:
Oh good lord...I have never met a website I haven't liked. Well...I could have blocked out the memory of some. Hmmm... Off the top of my head, right now I dig the following:
Sometimes just completing a layout I like is a challenge, so can I count me? OK - I haven't done a lot of challenges. I actually have been just introduced to them and did one for each of the following:
I don't let myself feel too guilty about things, but I probably should in regard to the following:
- Scrapbook supplies
- Buying art off of ebay
- Scrapping with my cousin, Cindy, at Archivers - not so much a guilt thing though
If I had kids, I would assign the following people in charge of my charges:
- My friend, Jen, who has the best sense of humor and has raised two AMAZING boys
- My sister, Dana, who is fair and knows how to play like a kid
- My mom, who claims to want to be a cookie baking grandma and yet doesn't bake. What's with that?
My imagination. Kidding. I would fill this blog completely with names, because I see creativity in everything.
- Basically, everyone at Studio Calico
- Campbell's soup labels.
- Kidding a little about the last one, but labels, magazine, etc. are often a great starting off point.
Anything that doesn't cling to the voluptuous curves of me. I hate anything that binds. If it does, it's gone within a minute or two. My favorite item right now would be:
- My Skecher slip ons, because I am too lazy to bend over and tie my shoes
- My 99 cent pair of gloves bought from Target. Cheap and thin - perfect for a little warmth and still having the capability to wear them while using my camera.
Now who to tag - that is the question. I choose:
- Penny, who I recently "met" via the 365 Photo Challenge.
- Greta, who should live next door to me.
I completely understand, if either of you would rather not play. :o)
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Upon opening the box I found that it was stuffed completely full of goodies. My heart started racing. It was like Christmas morning. I was so excited. Here's a photo of everything Lisa choose for me:
You can't tell from the above photo, but there was a massive amount of patterned paper. Here's a little sample of each:
The box was loaded with treats. Chocolate and more chocolate. This heart tin is filled with chocolates that are each covered with stamped (?) stickers. What a great idea! I cannot wait to make a few of these to give out on Valentine's Day.
Thank you so very much, Lisa. I am so excited to use all these items. You choices were perfect and I am utterly amazed at your generosity. I am awestruck. Thank you...thank you so very much!