Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just a few things...

First of all, the BASB Challenge #6 is now up and running. This one is being hosted by Diana. The challenge is to do a Valentine layout or project with a twist. Forget about your regular honey and scrap a layout, or a Shrine, to the one whom you'd be with if you weren't already so in love with your current squeeze. As Diana says...Go all out. Declare your love for Edward Cullen (but don't let Anilu hear that - he's all hers) or Captain Jack Sparrow. Tell the world how much you fantasize about Vin Diesel or how Josh Groban makes your heart melt! Since I have no feelings for any of those listed (or don't want to mess with Anilu), I chose my heart throb, Chris Garver. Just his name send shivers up my spine. :o)
Join in and you can win an awesome prize - Teresa Collins' 9x9 Crush mini album kit. This is sold out all over, so how can you resist trying to win one. That's as forceful as I get. LOL! Deadline to enter is 2/14 at 11:50 p.m. Pacific Time. Here's my "shrine" to Chris:



Next, I finally finished my layout for Dawn's Circle Journal. Her theme was music. I had the hardest time doing this. I wanted it perfect and my first attempt wasn't even close, so into the garbage it went. Not that it made it to the perfect mark, but I am happy with the outcome. Lucky Dawn gets my music forced on her in the form of a burned cd. Hey...it could have been 20 songs by Helen Reddy. That actually wouldn't be that bad, would it?

Lastly, as mentioned in my previous posting, is Jenn's Scrap challenge for Studio Calico. I believe I used 18, 19 or 49 scraps for my layout. I actually lost count, recounted and repeated that four or five times. I refuse a recount. Recounts are far to common in Minnesota lately.



And that is it. I am currently working on two more challenges: 1. g's Studio Calico DT Inspiration challenge. This weeks DT member to lift is Tina. I love Tina's work, so this will be a blast; and, 2. Davinie's January in February challenge. Hopefully I will get to those tomorrow and post them this weekend.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a fun friday!


8 comments:

GretaB said...

All I can say is, wow! I already told you how much I like your Chris Garver layout, but these new ones you posted are outstanding. Love, love, love the mood music. That is so cool! I'd be tempted to accidentally "lose" that journal in my house when it gets here. ;) I won't though because Dawn's a pretty awesome lady and wouldn't want her to be without it.

And your scraps...that looks awesome! It doesn't hurt that your photo is amazing too. Very well done. I'm loving your stuff!

I hope to scrap tonight and get those challenges done too - wish me luck.

Kristii said...

Awesome layouts!!! Love what you did with the circle journal!! Your SC challenge is absolutely amazing!! You are rockin girl!! Have a great weekend!

vtpuggirl said...

I love the circle journal esp, and the layouts are just amazing. Love your stuff!

Dawn said...

I can not wait to see my circle journal IRL! I know, patience, patience! Love your Quilted LO and you really rocked the BASB challenge!

waleska said...

these are all fabulous, Denise!! you rock the challenges. seriously. :)

Sweet Peripety said...

great l/os! i see lots of inspiration!

Unknown said...

For more on your heart throb, Garver, check out my Miami Ink blog: www.victoriasrighthip.typepad.com/

Rita said...

wow, love all of your projects! the cj one is my fav...so brilliant!